Cold, hard facts—we’ve got ‘em.
When it comes to marketing your law firm, going digital is the way to go. Trends and statistics clearly show that businesses who refuse to adopt an online presence are cursed to lag behind their competitors, especially as potential clients are turning to the internet as their primary method of searching for legal solutions.
But don’t take our word for it—check out these thirteen eye-opening stats that are making our clients very, very excited about the future (and relieved for choosing Legal Legends).
1. 87% of people who contact an attorney later hire an attorney, with 74% only contacting ONE lawyer.
This is big. We all know that first impressions matter a lot, and this just proves it.
When people call you, they’re usually not just looking for information—they need help, and they need it ASAP. That means your calls and online form fills are being done by folks who’ve already done the research and mostly made up their minds.
That means the biggest area where we can improve your business is that first impression. Legal Legends excels at creating a welcoming, world-class experience for potential clients through a combination of incredible sales differentiation, stellar content and top-notch design that makes your firm exude confidence, professionalism and knowledge.
Our goal is making sure that the one lawyer a prospect contacts is YOU…and we do that very well.
2. 96% of people looking for legal advice do so using a search engine.
That’s an absolutely staggering number, but it’s easy to see why—search engines serve up exactly what prospects are looking for on a silver platter. The question is:
Is it your firm or your competitor that’s showing up?
A huge part of our strategy involves planning out and executing a combination of organic, paid and local search techniques to boost your firm’s visibility and make sure you’re the first choice when people are looking for help.
3. 33% of legal clients begin their search for a law firm using online resources.
When we talk about online resources, we’re talking about blog posts, eBooks, quality infographics, videos, etc.
A legal site that lacks content (or good content) doesn’t just seem barren—it makes your firm look unprofessional.
Providing content to your prospects is effective on multiple fronts. Posts and eBooks make you seem more knowledgeable, sure—but content is also a golden opportunity to slay sales resistance and draw your prospects deeper into the buying process.
4. 71% of people who hire a lawyer think it’s important to hire a local attorney.
Makes sense, right? The perception is that a lawyer who lives within driving distance is likely to be more invested in your case, which is why people usually don’t just search for a specific kind of lawyer—they search for a specific kind of lawyer in a specific location.
As Google Maps and local search capabilities evolve, consumers have it easier than ever when it comes to finding nearby attorneys. That also means it’s more important than ever to make sure your firm is the one showing up for those local searches, pinned to the top of the map results for all to see.
That’s why one of Legal Legends’ biggest areas of attack is local search, and why our clients tend to do so well online against other local law firms.
5. 31% of all law firm traffic online comes from mobile devices.
The legal industry as a whole lags behind most other niches in terms of responsive web design and user-friendliness. That’s a big deal for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Google penalties: Sites that aren’t optimized for viewing on all devices can get punished pretty hard by Google, sometimes finding it impossible to rank for their search terms despite solid SEO tactics.
- Brand image: When your site doesn’t look great on phones and tablets, you’re basically giving 31% (or more) of your potential clients a negative experience and a bad first impression of your law firm.
- Disrupting your sales funnel: Up to 74% of people who begin their search for a law firm online wind up calling the firm in the end. Mobile devices make this transition virtually seamless, letting users dial your number with one tap of the finger. Sites that aren’t optimized for mobile viewing could be costing you a huge chunk of potential cases!
Your site MUST look fantastic on all devices or your business isn’t going to be running at full capacity. Period.
6. 74% of consumers visit your site to take action.
For most firms, your online visitors aren’t just stopping by to chat or check out your pictures—they’re looking for something, and they want to do something.
Whether they’re looking for your phone number, live chat, or a form to contact you online, your visitors tend to be in the later stages of the buying process and it’s our job to make it easy for them to call, chat, fill out that form, and do whatever it takes to get you the lead.
7. A Vast Majority of Legal Sites Are Underperforming
We don’t have exact numbers, but in our experience we’d say that close to 90% of law firm websites that are active right now are failing to bring in the number of leads and new cases that they should be.
Over the years, we’ve worked with a huge array of legal clients to revive lagging sites, jump up the search results, blaze new trails, reimagine brands, and a whole lot more. We’ve developed an entire law firm marketing strategy, everything it take from A-Z to get leads online for firms like yours.
It’s one thing to analyze data and say what should be done, but executing is something else entirely. Legal Legends stands head and shoulders above our competitors because we focus on doing.
And perhaps the most interesting stat of all is that 100% of our clients have seen increased leads because of our marketing efforts. Just some food for thought.